Class of 2015 Graduation Program Announced
Lampeter-Strasburg graduation ceremony for the Class of 2015 will be held on Friday, June 5 at 7 pm on Pioneer Field at J.K. Mechanical Stadium. In the event of inclement weather, graduation will be held in the LSHS Performing Arts Center.
|2015 Senior Class Officers - left to right: Sofia Adbo, vice president; |
Olivia Gleason, secretary; Danielle Franklin, treasurer; and Brian Barnhart, president.
Gates open at 5:30 pm for ticket holders. Non ticket-holders may enter at 6:15 pm. In the case that graduation is moved indoors, the event will be open to ticket holders only.
- Orchestra Prelude and Processional – Mr. Robert Shaubach, Director
- National Anthem – High School Madrigals
- Alma Mater – Senior Madrigals – Mr. Erik Welchans, Director
- Opening remarks – Julia Weigel
- Student Musical Selection (TBA)
- “Surviving the Wild” – Nick Mummau
- Announcement of Valedictorian, Salutatorian, Third in Class – Mr. Benjamin Feeney, Assistant Principal
- Presentation of the Class – Dr. Kevin Peart, Superintendent
- Roll Call – Olivia Gleason, Class Secretary and Danielle Franklin, Class Treasurer
- Presentation of Diplomas – Mr. Jeffrey Mills, Board President
- Closing Remarks – Brian Barnhart, Class President
“There are far better things ahead than what we ever leave behind.” –unknown
“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
Julia Weigel (opening remarks) is the daughter of John and Jane Weigel of Lancaster. She is a member of the Do Something Club, GSA, Interact Club, Lampeter Fair Queen Court, and Model UN. Julia is an honor roll member and served as a student representative to the Lampeter-Strasburg Board of School Directors for two years. She is the winner of four 2015 Senior Awards, including the Meredith Demko Diversity Scholarship. Julia plans to attend American University to study elementary education.
Nicholas Mummau (graduation speech) is the son of Lowell and Ann Mummau of Willow Street. He is a member of the Varsity Club, Interact Club, High School Heroes, soccer, ice hockey, and track & field teams and has been named as a soccer and hockey All-Star. He is an honor roll member, a Burrowes Scholar at two grade levels, and earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Nicholas will attend Robert Morris University to study manufacture engineering.
Brian Barnhart (closing remarks) is the son of Brian and Tina Barnhart of Strasburg. He is the senior class president and has been class president throughout his high school career. Brian is also a member of National Honor Society, FCS, Asian Culture Club, Model UN, Madrigals, concert choir, spring musical cast, and the varsity soccer and tennis teams. He will attend Gordon College to study finance.
-- Story courtesy of Lampeter-Strasburg School District, 2015